What Ruth’s Audiences Have Said
- Vice Chair and Frank B. Cerra Professor of Critical Care Surgery, University of Minnesota, Colonel U.S. Army Reserve, Minneapolis, MN
I recently had the pleasure of listening to Ms Bachman give her very inspirational speech and message and immediately thought of the positive affects that such a message would have on out recovering service members as they go through difficult and challenging time in their lives.
- "Over Coffee" Chair, Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Minneapolis, MN
Ruth's presentation gave our audience the motivation to fight daily to ensure the best quality of life possible, and to see that each person is afforded the opportunity to develop to their full potential. She truly represents a spirit of hope and courage for those facing fear and crisis. The audience was extremely responsive and complimentary and left feeling inspired and hopeful.
- Chief of Staff, UMMC Assistant Professor and Division Director, Division of General Ob-Gyn in Dept Ob-Gyn & Women's Health at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
I immensely enjoyed Ruth's speaking style and learning about her personal triumphs. I was impressed with her ability to lead the large group into an introspective exercise. Her intense and open sharing set the stage for us to really engage in the exercise and evaluate our drives, ambitions, goals.
- UnitedHealth Group, Minneapolis, MN
Ruth Bachman's presentation to our management team coincided with a significant time of change for our organization. As Ruth spoke, the energy in the room shifted and the audience listened intently to her story. Ruth not only reminded us that we need to be able to navigate the inevitable changes that life brings, but we have a choice in how we manage those changes.
- Minnesota Grassroots Management American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, Inc.
I heard fabulous feedback about your presentation to the St. Francis Cancer Center. They were looking for a motivational speaker and you were beyond great.Thanks for all you do.
- Associate Professor, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Ruth engages her audience, inviting questions, and sometime receiving stories from particularly moved audience members. She clearly is turning her personal health crisis into important teaching opportunities.
- Manager, Patient Support & Education, Park Nicollet Frauenshuh Cancer Center, St. Louis Park, MN
Glorious. Indeed! Personally, I found it extraordinary. Every word and sentence so carefully chosen, strands of new consciousness thinking linked carefully to one another. The crafting of a message that wove our theme concepts of "Creating, HOPE, Together" so beautifully into your own recent learning experiences. All shared with an audience who is, obviously, hungry to hear from you. And, the authenticity with which you speak. This is so powerful. You are one who not only "gets it" but communicates the "getting it" with humor and wisdom and clarity. Thank you every so much for gracing us with your extraordinary gifts as keynote speaker.
- Manager Women’s Health and Community Education Manager, Karen Yontz Women’s Cardiac Awareness Center
I wanted to thank you for coming to West Allis, Wisconsin and sharing your story and your insight with our group. The participant evaluations were overwhelmingly positive.
- Chairman, Carlson, Minneapolis, MN
My 'stand-in' for a speaking engagement was a 'stand-out' for her inspirational story and eloquence. Temporarily without a voice, I attended to give her my support. She, instead, gave me a gift as she will all who hear her.
- Longmont, CO
What an inspiring weekend you provided! Thank you again for sharing your story and yourself!
- Chief External Affairs Officer, Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Rhinebeck, NY
Ruth Bachman is an absolute inspiration - she shares her personal journey of triumph in a way that touches deep into the heart - reminding us that no matter what, we have the capacity to live with love, joy, and compassion. She is an updraft for the human spirit!
- Director, Center for Spirituality & Healing and Professor, School of Nursing, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
In the telling of her story, Ruth Bachman shares wit, grit and powerful insights that help all who hear her. For people who are facing serious illnesses, Ruth offers gentle wisdom and practical guidance that will be invaluable to them as well as their partners, families and friends.
- Director, Masonic Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Thank you for turning your life experience and wisdom into a message of hope for so many. Your words move a listener to more thoughtfully consider his or her own life. It is clear that your message comes directly from your heart; there is no “hype or sell” to your message of hope. You have lived it, faced the dark days, and emerged to tell us to not let the narrow spots define our lives.
- Educator at the Mayo Clinic Cancer Education Program,Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
We are still basking in the glow of the wonderful presentation that Ruth gave at the Rochester-area Cancer Survivor Day Event in June. Everyone loved her and felt so inspired! Ruth is a lovely, articulate and gem of a human-being! She is a beautiful person inside and out!
- Cancer Care Coordinator, St. Francis Cancer Center, Shakopee, MN
We can’t thank you enough for your being the key note speaker at our cancer survivor’s event. Many of our staff, senior team and our oncologist were in the back of the room and were so pleased with your talk. The patients loved you!!
- Edina Noon Rotary Member, Edina, MN
Thank you for your excellent presentation to our Edina Noon Rotary group today. You came in with high billing and did not disappoint. You are an exceptional person with a story to tell, and you certainly do it well. Thanks again for sharing your time and talents with us!
- Faith Community Nurse Peace Lutheran Church, Plymouth, MN
Ruth was the keynote speaker for our Health Fair and our participants gave her wonderful reviews! Ruth's ability to connect with her audience and encourage participants to embrace the changes they face leaves a lasting impression that can prepare each of us to better navigate our narrow spots. Ruth is also a joy to work with and is responsive to the details for planning an event.
- Albert Lea, MN
Three friends and I attended the Mayo Cancer Seminar today in Albert Lea. You touched our lives and gave us all so much to think about. Thank you for the beautiful book. I plan on sharing this with my daughters--even their "routine" days have narrow spots.