This book is more than a book about cancer. It is a roadmap of sorts, encouraging the reader to look closely and patiently at all of life's challenges - narrow spots - to discover the resources, both internal and external, that are present to help navigate the passage. No one and no thing is permanent, except the presence of the divine. Change is inevitable. Transformation is intentional.
Out of a deep sense of gratitude, Ruth donates all proceeds from her book sold on this website or at speaking engagements to support cancer education, advocacy and research through The Hourglass Fund at the University of Minnesota Foundation.
Growing Through the Narrow Spots was awarded the 2014 first place winner in the Inspiration/Gift Book category by the Midwest Independent Publishers Association
I have bought several copies to give to friends and other people we know going through their own cancer scares and the one response we have always gotten is that it is one of the best books that people have given them to read. - Dick C., Lincoln, NE
Buy the Book
When you purchase "Growing Through the Narrow Spots" at Ruth's website, all proceeds go to cancer research, education and advocacy.
Cost: $25 (tax & first class shipping included)
- Thursday, January 15: Speaking at Faith Covenant Church, Burnsville, MN
- Wednesday, January 21: Attending MN Women in Networking Event, Golden Valley, MN
- Sunday, January 25: Attending Rein in Sarcoma Gathering, Minneapolis, MN
- Thursday, February 5: Attending MN Women in Networking Event, Minneapolis, MN
- Thursday, February 12: Guest on “Generations" - Public Access TV Ch 15 & 17
- Thursday, February 12: Speaking at Southwest Grief Coalition, Eden Prairie, MN
- Friday, March 20: Facilitating Workshop at Pathways, Minneapolis, MN
- Wednesday, March 25: ACS CAN Minnesotans for Healthy Kids Day at the Capital
- Friday, March 27: Emceeing "Spring at the Inn" MN Horticultural Society